How we collect personal information
There are several different ways you may share personal information with us:
- By filling out a form on our website – If you ask us to contact you or fill out the donation form, you will need to provide sufficient information to enable contact.
- By contacting us in person, over the phone or through email – If you contact us, it is likely that you will provide your contact information to enable future contact.
- Passively through our website. We collect network and information security information when you visit our website. Also, our site uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer’s hard disk, mobile phone or other device by a website server. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience fully some features of our website.
How we use personal information
- We use your contact information to communicate with you as requested.
- We use the network and information security information that we collect to ensure the security of our systems and data, including the personal information that you share with us.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect information (via the forms), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees or contractors who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, send an email to your or call or text you with your consent) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or about Flight4CF’s data privacy practices, please contact us by filling out the contact form.